Just in case you did a instant-article-deal and forgot to think this through: Here’s a quick check list.
- Who are my most valuable customers?
- Are my digital publications growing this audience?
- What are competitors doing differently that are doing this better?
- How do I expect Facebook to help me with this?
- How am I monetizing the attention these humans give my digital publications?
- When I regard my digital publications as platforms and freelancers as suppliers: How am I negotiating and what can I learn from this dynamic for my relationship with bigger platforms?
- How do I brace myself for a Zynga- or Social-Reader-scenario?
- What is my KPI set for this instant article thing?
- Besides possible short-term profits for my publications, what are possible effects on media as a whole?